The awesomeness of outdoor game play such Capture the Flag Game in its implementation has a dominant influence on children’s emotional social development, cognitive development, and physical development. Here’s a description of the three developments.
OUTDOOR GAMES ON SOCIAL EMOTIONAL
In outdoor contributes to emotional intelligence, so early childhood has been provided with compassion, love, and compassion.With love the children will recognize the thoughts, feelings and attitudes of others (empathy); With love the children have compassion; Love makes children childless and loving (kindness), love teaches children generosity; Love self-conditioning children to easily help others (service), love will make children become forgiving (forgiveness).
To achieve this in the design (implementation) outdoor activities, directed to the objectives include:
- Demonstrate social skills by helping to take care of the park, participating in games with peers.
- Negotiate and compromise and cooperate with fellow friends in using the existing equipment in the playground, various tools, the art of group play.
- Expressing creativity, by making things, art, developing new games.
- Enhance self-confidence (to sharpen fine motor and rough motor)
- Adding independence, such as climbing, down by using your own rope and others.
- Shows proud achievements, such as strengthening physical strength, bringing pets and so forth.
OUTDOOR GAMES ON COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT
Borrow Piaget’s thought (1972: 49-91) “Development is a cumulative process. That is, previous developments will be the basis for further developments. Thus, if there are obstacles to the previous developments then further developments will gain barriers. In contrast to this thought it is desirable if at an early age, to stimulate the child, so that the phases of development run sequentially. Outdoor activities are very helpful for this activity, because in the implementation, the child can capture the full range of experience of cognition, naturally, without experiencing pressure, because it is wrapped in the game.
To achieve this, in designing (implementation) outdoor activities associated with the development of cognition, directed to the objectives include:
- Make a decision of his own.
- Plan and have a lot of ideas in all forms of games that are given.
- Solve the problem of each game provided by the tutor teacher, such as making a sand ditch tunnel and can move the game from one game to another game.
- Explore experiences through different roles and play activities.
OUTDOOR GAMES ON PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
Ignoring the importance of physical development will have a long-lasting impact, improper physical development, will also affect the development of cognition and social emotions.At an early age the child is expected to have good physical development, with the capital that will encourage the rise of child cognition, will even lead to the intelligence of children. Outdoor games provide a very free space, and at the same time can increase the development of children in total and optimal.
To achieve this, in designing (implementation) outdoor activities related to the physical development of children, directed to the objectives include:
- Develop rough motor in every daily game activity. Like climbing, hanging, jumping, jumping rope and running around.
- Develop fine motor such as with water and sand, drawing, painting, collecting small objects.
- Increase movement coordination with eyes and hands.
- Set the balance of the body in performing activities in the game.