Getting the Information Across
Information about the harmful effects and consequences of smoking is everywhere. There is hardly a person nowadays, who cannot list at least a few of the grim prospects threatening to happen to the regular smoker. The benefits of quitting the bad habit are also widely proclaimed. But what about those who want to keep the enjoyment they get out of smoking, but are also conscientious enough to try and avoid the health hazards associated with it?
Over the past few years an alternative to tobacco has become quite popular, namely the so-called electronic cigarette, also going by e-cigarette or e-cig for short. Even though most people will recognize one of these devices when they see them, they will not be as informed of what the gadgets are made of, or what exactly makes them superior to and safer than, a regular cigarette.
So what exactly is it about e-cigarettes that makes more and more people turn to them as the better option?
Vapour vs Smoke
Not everyone is aware of how significant the differences between vapor and smoke are. When comparing vaping to smoking, it is crucial to begin with at least some explanation of what sets the two apart. Vaporization is a process during which either a solid or liquid changes its state and turns into a gaseous substance (vapour). In an e-cigarette, this vapour is formed when the battery-operated heating element called atomizer warms up the nicotine liquid and transforms it into a light mist. This mist closely resembles the smoke given off by cigarettes but is simply vaporized water.
Smoke, on the other hand, is the resulting product of burning, which is a chemical reaction between oxygen and the substance being burned. When that substance is tobacco, the resulting smoke contains chemicals, which are harmful to both the smoker and the people around them.
You Don’t Need to Forgo the Flavour
Electronic cigarettes have the taste and feel of real tobacco, without the harmful end products of burning. The solution being vaporized is a mixture of water, propylene glycol, glycerin, aroma, and nicotine or nicotine-free liquid (because one could totally skip nicotine if they wanted to).
If we take a closer look at the contents, it turns out they are commonly met and used in each household. I’m sure you now want to actually find out more about e-cigarettes! They are found in a vast number of everyday products, and are not considered hazardous to human health.
The vaping process also takes place at much lower temperatures than smoking, so the ratio is usually 1 to 10 or even 15 times higher for the latter.
And the Best Part of All
Giving up on smoking for vaping has a lot of positive side effects, such as:
– Not inhaling smoke, ash or a bunch of other dangerous combustion end products
– Your house and clothes no longer have that lingering smell that many people, especially non-smokers, find offputting.
– You actually save money by vaping, since the device and its spare parts cost less than what you would spend on regular cigarettes over a certain period of time
– You no longer inflict second-hand smoke on the people around you
– When you permanently switch to electronic cigarettes, you reap all the benefits of a restored pre-smoker health, such as general wellbeing, better sleep, restored sense of taste and smell, better lung capacity, getting rid of the cough and shortness of breath, and improved overall cardiovascular state.